Monday, 19 January 2015

Pretty and soft makeup look for teens!

Hey guys! Today I have a very exciting post as it is a collab with one of my blogger friends, Ebony from http://www.ebonyjaybeauty.blogspot.ie/ she is also doing a makeup tutorial. Go follow her on bloglovin' if you haven't already! Before we get started I got a tripod over the weekend so I can take better pictures!

Oh, sorry about my hair in some of the pictures it had a mind of its own.

One last thing I promise, is that I want to give all of you who have commented and followed my blog a massive thank you. I have reached 27 bloglovin' followers so I am extremely thankful.

First we are going to start off with priming the face and the eyes as we want our makeup to stay put and stay all day long. Here I am applying the "porefessional" from benefit to my face and the urban decay "primer potion" to my eyes








To hide any of my imperfections I will be using benefit's "boing"concealer. To blend this is I am simply using my clean fingers.




To lock the makeup in and the make sure there is no shine I am powdering my face with the miss sporty "so clear" powder in transparent.



To give me a flushed look I am sweeping the bodyshop's shimmer wave in 02 blush on my cheeks. This is great for not only blusher but also highlighter as it is very shimmery.




To help cover up veins on my eyes I am using the shade "ivory" from the bobbi brown cool eye palette (I believe this was in their holiday collection). This will also help me to look awake. Then to define my eyes I am using the same palette but the shade "almond" in the crease. Lastly to give to eyes a brighter, more awake look I am dabbing some of the NYX jumbo eye pencil in the shade "cottage cheese" to my inner corners.








I think eyelashes play a big role in this look as it is so natural. I personally aim for length not volume with my lashes and the maybelline great lash mascara gives me that look.




For this look I will not be filling in my brows (you can if you want), but I will be plucking them with my tweezers from tiger. Also for my brows I will be taming them with the wet'n'wild clear brow gel.





Lastly for lips I will be applying benefit's "posie tint". As this is a tint it will not wipe off when I drink or eat. It is perfect for people who don't retouch their makeup throughout the day.




The completed look!

I hope you liked this part of the collab! If you are coming from Ebony's blog then a big hello and thank you and if you like this post please follow me on bloglovin' (button in the side bar). Thanks for reading!
 photo niamh xoxo sweet pea version_zpshxceoefh.png

Follow

4 comments :

  1. Great post, these are some really good tips for young girls :) I want to try the Nyx crayon xx

    xbeccabe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! Hope the tips are useful. Also the NYX pencils are great for inner corner highlights and added shimmer to the lids <3
      Niamh xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hiiii! I nominated you for the Liebster Award :) Sorry if you've already done it...questions on my blog!

    http://simplymaddison.blogspot.com/2015/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for nominating me! I have already been nominated twice but I will include
      that you also nominated me.
      Niamh xoxo

      Delete